Recipe of the week….
600g Chalmar Beef topiside cubes
3 Carrots sliced
2 Large Potatoes
1 Small Can of Tomatoes
1 Large Onion
45ml Chutney (more/less according to taste)
2 tbsp Curry Powder
1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
2 tbsp Chopped Coriander
1 tbsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Cumin
2 tbsp Garam Masala
3 tbsp Thinly Chopped Ginger
1. Drizzle a generous amount of oil into a medium sized pot. When it reaches a high temperature add the onions, ginger and garlic and sweat for a further 3 minutes until the onions have become translucent but have not taken any color.
2. Add the diced beef and brown for 2 minutes before adding the curry powder, turmeric, cumin, garamasala and red chilies. Cook this mixture for a further 4 minutes making sure to keep it constantly moving using your wooden spoon.
3. When the spices have cooked add the flour and continue to stir for 30 seconds before adding the tinned chopped tomatoes, carrots and chutney.
4. Turn the heat down to a very low flame before adding the centre of the fresh tomatoes, which you scoop out with a spoon.
5. Simmer the curry gently with a lid for 2 hours on an incredibly low heat until the meat is very tender.
6. When the meat is tender, add the chopped potatoes and cook slowly for a further 40 minutes.
7. Serve on basmati rice with fresh coriander.