Chalmar Farm Kitchen advice:
Stay away from olive oil when cooking steaks because the cooking temperature will be too high for the oil, which would ultimately make it smoke. Beef dripping or avocado oil are better options.
What is dripping?
Dripping refers to the rendered fat of an animal, most commonly beef or lamb fat. Also known as “Tallow”.
Benefits of using beef dripping
- Beef dripping has a delicious taste, and it adds a lot of flavour to food
- Frying or roasting with dripping upgrades the taste and adds something extra to food
- Beef dripping is a sustainable cooking fat
- Sustainability is a big buzzword in recent years, and dripping represents one of the more sustainable cooking fats
- This cooking fat is a by-product of cattle farming and the meat industry, and it requires no extra resources